Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Entry....in a while

Ok. It's been ages since I have written on here, but here it goes. I need to get back into writing. So much has changed in and about my life it's not even funny. Or maybe a little. I am 37. Wow. That's crazy. I can't believe that I am 37 years old. Currently I work full time. My hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.  I type all day long. So maybe that is why I have not written as often as I would like to. Not even for fun. I get up at 4:00 a.m. (ok, so technically  my alarm goes off at 4:00 and I hit snooze for almost 45 minutes.) .
I am a mom to 3 boys. Ages -- get this -- 17, 14.5 (15 in July) and 11! I can't believe I am a mom to a 17 year old son. I have been married for 18 years to my high school sweetheart. We just celebrated our anniversary at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately it was apart as he is helping his mother out in California.
I was going to school. I have changed my major a few times. First, it was General Studies. Next, it was Art. Then finally it was switched to Baking & Pastries. I am currently not in school at this time. Things are a little expensive and my husband is going full time. He just graduated with his Associates and he intends on attending this fall to start getting his Bachelors.
I don't get out much. I have a few close friends that I hang with. They have been with me through thick and thin. They have come and gone, but I'd say for the most part most of them are right where I need them to be. Close.
I am a diabetic. I am learning slowly what that means. Still not even for sure how to live with that kind of diagnosis. I have problems remembering taking my pills. Also, eating on a regular basis. Is that weird? Maybe. I love Coke Zero. Especially with a lime. I like to snack, eat here and there. Not anything particular. I love snow cones and slushies. I just received a snow cone maker and am so excited that Hawaiian Punch makes sugar free varieties of their snow cone elixer.
I am adopted. I have always been proud of that fact. I am currently on a very s l o w journey on looking up my birth mother. I received the non identifying information regarding her. Funny to think that I have some family out there that may look like me. My goal is to at least have my name on the registry by the end of the year. If I do that, and she has done that, then we could be hooked up. Let's see where that journey takes me.
My intention for this blog this year: to document my life, to show my progress and even maybe do some creative writing. I have a few stories that I started and I would like to maybe see where they lead. Or just express my feelings. If you are reading this, thank you for taking the journey with me.

-Kerry Ann

1 comment:

  1. I am here, journeying with you ~ sadly my phone is not :0(

    ReplyDelete